Welcome to our Mighty community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
If you are a returning contributor, click here to go to the MVP.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- If you are submitting poetry, follow these instructions.
- Take a look at our monthly blogging prompts (below).
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please email it to [email protected]
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- PARTNERS: submit your story here.
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Mighty partner site, such as MSN or Yahoo. Once republished on a partner site, Mighty moderation standards do not apply, and the piece cannot be removed from the partner site.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive on The Mighty. Please don’t take us turning down a story as us saying your stories don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every story we receive on the site. Your stories have so much value.
January Blogging Prompts
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
January’s Writing Prompts
1. Do you have an item that brings you comfort through your journey with illness, disability or just in general? What’s the origin story, and what might surprise people about how it helps you? Here’s an example: Thoughts About a New Year, From Me and My ‘Depression Sweatshirt’
2. What’s a “type” of loneliness you experience, perhaps because of your journey with a health condition or disability. Give it a name, let us know what it’s like, and give some words of encouragement to others who might be experiencing this type of loneliness.
3. What’s a “random” tip or trick your doctor or medical professional has given you that actually works in dealing with a symptom of your or a loved one’s condition? Describe the tip and a time when it worked for you.
4. Have you ever been “shamed” for a medical decision you or a loved one made? How did you respond to this or how do you wish you responded? What do you wish others understood about this decision? Please keep these posts constructive!
January’s Poetry Prompt
January marks the start of a new year. That is why for this month’s poetry prompt, we want you to share your poems about #NewBeginnings. While a new year filled with unknowns, continued health struggles or change may be daunting, it can also be a chance to stop, reflect and move forward in new ways, even if that simply means making little changes or being more gentle with where you currently are.
If writing poems about #NewBeginnings doesn’t feel like your cup of tea, check out some of our poetry prompts from previous months below:
- September: “I am #beyondworthy because…”
- October: “These are #MySymptoms…”
- November: “It’s #TheLittleThings…”
- December: “Sending #WarmWishes…”
Thank you for sharing your story with The Mighty!
We’re humbled to have you with us.